We are committed to whole student development by providing a wide range of educational options to support diverse life choices.
Building concrete foundations
for a better tomorrow.
• Announcements •
Concrete School District
Schools will be on a 2-hour delay, Friday, January 17, 2020. There will be no Concrete Elementary Preschool, Head Start Preschool, or Out of district transportation. Also, buses will be on snow routes
TODAY’S, January 16, 2020 home wrestling meet scheduled to wrestle Granite Falls at 6:00pm has been cancelled due to weather and will be rescheduled for Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 6:00pm in the High School Gym.
Lego Night & Community Dinner 1/16/2020 – POSTPONED
Concrete School District
Adverse weather plan
We are in that time of year when the chances of poor road conditions due to flooding, high water, snow, ice and thawing increase every day. If these conditions are present, the Concrete School District will choose one of the following levels of operation:
- Schools Closed;
- Schools Open – Limited Bus Transportation; or
- Schools Operating on Two-Hour Late Schedule with or without limited bus transportation.
The district will communicate the selected level using all of the following methods: · Public Radio and Television (notified by 5am); · District Website www.concrete.k12.wa.us (updated by 5am); District Facebook (updated by 5am)
Announcements are for one (1) day only and are generally made by 5:00am. No announcement means normal operations.
Levels of Operations Explanations:
- Schools Closed: All schools will be closed for one day only. All field trips, after school activities, meetings, etc., will be canceled for the day.
- Schools Open, Limited Bus Transportation: This means that buses will not operate in the following areas when the limited schedule is announced. All students will be picked up (AM) and dropped off (PM) at the same location regardless of changes in weather. You can also call the Transportation Department at 360-853-4071.
Limited Transportation list may include these road:
West of Town:
Logsdon Lane: Group stop at entrance
Skagit View Village: Group bus stop at Pressentin Ranch Pillars
Cape Horn: Group stop at Cape Horn Dr and Cedar St.
Cedar Grove: Group stop at Sauk Valley Road.
Pressentin Village: If Turnaround has not been plowed students need to meet bus at Cape Horn group stop
East of Town:
Thunderbird Lane: Group stop at corner of Moen and Thunderbird Lane
Sauk Store Road: group stop at Hwy 20
Littlefield Road: group stop at Hwy 20
Rockport: group stop at the fire station
Ranger Station Road: group stop at Hwy 20
Marblemount: group stop at the Shell station
Transportation East of Marblemount will depend on road conditions
Schools Operating Two-Hours Late:
- All bus schedules will be two hours later than normal
- Pick-up and drop-off locations will be the same for both AM/PM that day
- Pick-up and drop-off locations for alternate routes will be communicated to each student
- No preschool or Head Start
- Breakfast will be served
- After-School Programs will be decided by 1 p.m.
- No Out of District Transportation: This involves all programs including special education, hearing-impaired, McKinney/Vento (homeless) students, Northwest Career & Technical Academy (Skills Center), Attic.
- Field Trips: All field trips will be canceled.
- Athletic Trips: All organized sports events that will require traveling to other school districts will be determined by 1:00 p.m. each day.
- School closure: No sport practice, events or after school clubs
Phone: (360) 853-4000
Fax: (360) 853-4004
Concrete, WA 98237
Phone: (360) 853-4015
Fax: (360) 853-4066
Phone: (360) 853-4110
Fax: (360) 853-4149
The Concrete School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youth groups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Wayne Barrett is the Affirmative Action Officer, Compliance Coordinator, and the Title IX Officer, (360) 853-4000; Linda Joens is the High School 504 Coordinator, (360) 853-4154; Abbey Baeslack is the Elementary 504 Coordinator and the Homeless Liaison, (360) 853-4026; and Leilani Thomas is the Title 1A and Special Education Director, (360) 853-4008. Concrete School District’s address is 45389 Airport Way, Concrete WA 98237.