Join the PTO today!
Parent Involvement – The Benefit
- A higher rate of student achievement and success.
- Teachers able to provide more to the students with parent support.
- Richer, more vibrant programs and more student opportunities both within and outside of academics.
- Your child(ren) will learn about making a direct difference in their community by your example!
Why should parents get involved?
- Because involvement can make a dramatic difference for your children.
- Because it can make a significant difference, both in school atmosphere and in the success rate of students – especially when parents are included as partners in the educational process.
- Parent involvement is a powerful tool. Spread the word.
Schools with involved parents enjoy:
- Better morale among teachers.
- Higher ratings of teachers by parents.
- More support from families.
- A better reputation in the community.
A Significant Difference
A three year study of 12,000 high school students concluded that “When parents come to school regularly, it reinforces the view in the child’s mind that school and home are connected and that school is an integral part of the whole family’s life.” A two year study of home and school influences on literacy achievement among children from low-income families found that the single variable most positively connected to all literacy skills was formal parent involvement in parent-school activities such as PTO participation, attending school activities, and serving as a volunteer.
Your Child’s Benefit
Research shows that when parents are involved in their children’s education, the children are more likely to:
- Earn better grades.
- Score higher on tests.
- Pass their classes.
- Attend school regularly.
- Have better social skills.
- Show improved behavior.
- Be more positive in their attitude toward school.
- Complete homework assignments.
- Graduate and continue their education.