COOPERATIVE WORKSITE LEARNING
Earn high school credit while you’re working!
Cooperative Worksite Learning
Do you want to earn high school credit WHILE you’re working?
Enroll in Worksite Learning! Students at Concrete High School have the opportunity to earn credits for paid work hours at licensed businesses with current minor work permits. This paid work experience can earn a student .5 semester credit for 180 paid hours or 1.0-semester credit for 360 paid hours per semester.
- Are you 16 years old or older?
- Have you passed or are currently taking any CTE Courses?
- Does what you have learned in a CTE class relate to what you do in your job?
If you answered yes to those questions then you qualify! If you’re interested in signing up for Cooperative Worksite Learning, contact Mrs. Zeiser!
There is no class to attend! Students report their hours by turning in their pay-stubs. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Review Worksite Learning Flyer
- Fill out Enrollment Packet
- Sign Parent/School Authorization form (if under 18 years old)
- Return all completed forms to Mrs. Zeiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Employer
Worksite Supervisors Requirements/Employer Cooperative Support:
- Provide employment and adhere to State and Federal regulations regarding work by minors.
- Provide a new employee safety orientation and job-specific training.
- Complete brief student employee evaluations for the school coordinator (2-4 per semester).
- Discuss student employee contributions areas needing improvement with the school coordinator (twice per semester)
- Provide a safe working environment and report any student accidents or injuries to the school coordinator.
- Provide a safe work environment including protection from sexual harassment.
- Conform to Federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.