Dear Students and Families of Concrete High School,
I hope this message finds you well. Today, I am reaching out with an important announcement regarding a change in leadership at Concrete High School. Our principal, Laura Fead, will be leaving her role as principal effective this Friday, September 29. This decision was not made lightly, and it comes as a result of Ms. Fead’s personal circumstances that require her full attention and care.
I understand that this news will come as a surprise and raise questions about what this means for the remainder of the school year. Please rest assured that our school district is committed to ensuring a smooth transition.
Here are some important points to consider:
- Interim Leadership: Pending Concrete School Board approval, Ms. Kristy Fairbank will be appointed Interim High School Principal for the remainder of the school year. Ms. Fairbank has been in leadership positions within the district since July 2, 2021. She will also retain her responsibilities as Special Education Director and Co-Director of Safety.
- Support for Students: We understand that transitions can be challenging, and we want to assure our students that they will continue to receive the support and resources they need to succeed academically and emotionally. Our teachers, counselors, and staff are committed to providing all students with a safe and nurturing environment.
- Open Communication: We are committed to keeping the lines of communication open throughout this transition. Regular updates will be provided to inform you of any developments and introduce you to the interim principal as soon as they are appointed.
We understand that change can be challenging, especially after the school year starts. Our top priority is the well-being and academic success of our students. With the support of our dedicated staff, engaged families, and resilient students, we will navigate this transition successfully.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Fairbank at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me directly at email@example.com, and we will do our best to address them promptly.
I want to thank Ms. Fead for her dedication, leadership, and contributions to our school community, and I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Concrete School District
Tuesday, October 3
6:00 – 7:30 PM
Marblemount Community Hall,
60155 State Route 20, Marblemount, WA
Dear members of the Concrete School District community, we have an exciting opportunity coming up that allows you to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our Concrete School District! 🌟 Joining a community forum with two of our School Board members and our Interim Superintendent is a chance for your voice to be heard and to help make our schools even better.
In our continued effort to maintain safety in our schools, we are sharing the terms the district uses during emergency situations. The Concrete School District uses the Standard Response Protocol (SRP) which is a national system of common vocabulary that is used in emergency events. Read more here:
Standard Response Protocol
Hello Students and Parents,
There are a few changes to the bus routes this school year.
- The Black Route is now named the Purple Route.
- The students that were on the Black Route on Concrete Sauk Valley Rd. will now be on the Blue route.
Sorry for any inconvenience. The updated routes are now posted below. If you have any questions please call the transportation office at (360) 853-4071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blue Bus AM Route (Logsdon Ln., Cedar Grove, West Town)
- Blue Bus PM Route (Logsden, Cedar Grove, Town)
- Green Bus AM Route (East of Concrete, Newhalem)
- Green Bus PM Route (East of Concrete, Newhalem)
- Orange Bus AM Route (Rockport, Moen Rd., Crows Foot, Limestone)
- Orange Bus PM Route (Rockport, Moen Rd., Crows Foot, Limestone)
- Pink Bus AM Route (Grassmere and West)
- Pink Bus PM Route (Grassmere and West)
- Purple Bus AM Route (Cape Horn, Pressentin, Village)
- Purple Bus PM Route (Cape Horn, Pressentin, Village)
Join us for Back to School Night on Thursday, August 24, 2023! Enjoy a BBQ dinner provided by Concrete PTO and Concrete Booster Club. See each school’s page for more info.
Elementary Back to School Night
High School Back to School Night
Concrete School District #11 will hold a surplus sale on Thursday, September 7, 2023 from 9:00am to 12:00pm at 7846 Airport Way, Concrete, WA 98237. Items will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. See list of surplus items below or at the district office. The condition of the property is sold “as is,” with no expressed or implied guarantee of warranty. No returns will be accepted. Buyers are solely responsible for pick-up and transport of property from district grounds. Items purchased must be removed from district grounds on September 7, 2023 by noon. Cash sales only. Third party or personal checks not accepted. All sales are final. Please call the Concrete School District office at (360) 853-4000 if you would like more information.
Download Surplus List (Excel Spreadsheet)