Adverse Weather Plan
When there are poor road conditions due to flooding, high water, snow, ice, thawing etc., the Concrete School District will choose one of the following levels of operation:
- Schools Closed
- Schools Open – Limited Bus Transportation; or
- Schools Operating on Two-Hour Late Schedule with or without limited bus transportation.
The district will communicate the selected level using all of the following methods:
- Public Radio and Television (notified by 5am)
- District Website (updated by 5am)
- District Facebook (updated by 5am)
Announcements are for one (1) day only and are generally made by 5:00am. No announcement means normal operations.
Levels of Operations Explanations:
- Schools Closed: All schools will be closed for one day only. All field trips, after school activities, meetings, etc., will be canceled for the day.
- Schools Open, Limited Bus Transportation: This means that buses will not operate in the following areas when the limited schedule is announced. All students will be picked up (AM) and dropped off (PM) at the same location regardless of changes in weather. You can also call the Transportation Department at 360-853-4071.
Limited Transportation list may include these roads:
West of Town:
- Challenger Hill
- Logsdon Lane: Group stop at entrance
- Skagit View Village: Group bus stop at Pressentin Ranch Pillars
- Cape Horn: Group stop at Cape Horn Dr and Cedar St.
- Cedar Grove: Group stop at Sauk Valley Road.
- Pressentin Village: If Turnaround has not been plowed students need to meet bus at Cape Horn group stop
East of Town:
- Thunderbird Lane: Group stop at corner of Moen and Thunderbird Lane
- Sauk Store Road: group stop at Hwy 20
- Littlefield Road: group stop at Hwy 20
- Rockport: group stop at the fire station
- Ranger Station Road: group stop at Hwy 20
- Marblemount: group stop at the Shell station
Transportation East of Marblemount will depend on road conditions
Schools Operating Two-Hours Late:
- All bus schedules will be two hours later than normal
- Pick-up and drop-off locations will be the same for both AM/PM that day
- Pick-up and drop-off locations for alternate routes will be communicated to each student
- No preschool or Head Start
- Breakfast will be served
- After-School Programs will be decided by 1 p.m.
- No Out of District Transportation: This involves all programs including special education, hearing-impaired, McKinney/Vento (homeless) students, Northwest Career & Technical Academy (Skills Center), Attic.
- Field Trips: All field trips will be canceled.
- Athletic Trips: All organized sports events that will require traveling to other school districts will be determined by 1:00 p.m. each day.
- School closure: No sport practice, events or after school clubs